Friday 31 January 2014

Music Magazine: Front Cover Ideas

For my music magazine front cover, I will go with the typical conventions such as using a medium shot, having a big, bold title at the top. Including all the necessities such as sell lines, a large anchorage title, bar code, price, date, etc. I came up with the idea of having a band of three called The Thieves who have recently became two, so for my front cover, I will be using a photograph of the band member that will be interviewed on the double page spread. I will also make the main sell line to go with the story. I also have decided to name the magazine 'DIVERSE' as it will include a diverse range of artists. I have looked at music magazine front covers for inspiration. Here are some things I have picked out:




[nme-front-cover-29308.jpg]


 What I like about this front cover is the bar code. Instead of being horizontal, it is vertical. I like this as it gives the magazine that extra edge and uniqueness. I think I will do the same for my magazine front cover. I also like the colour scheme: it's mainly black, white and red. This is a common colour scheme for a music magazine. There is also a hint of yellow, which is also common, but I think it can look too much if not used appropriately. I don't think I will use yellow on my front cover.

What I like about this magazine front cover is the coloured banner going along the top with text overlaying regarding a competition. It's placement at the top is obviously to grab peoples attention and I think it does a good job of this and will consider this idea when making my magazine. I also like the banner going along the bottom which includes some of the other artists that are in the magazine. I want to include something similar to this in my magazine but put my own spin on it so it separates my magazine from this one.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment